Monday, January 2, 2012

Thank you notes

As I've 'matured' I've begun to understand the importance of thank you notes.  Everyone knows and says we live in a digital age and things do move fast.  However, if someone does something nice for you or gives you a gift, etiquette pretty much demands some sort of acknowledgement.  When I was a kid, I 'knew' I should write something to my grandma for the Christmas money she'd send...but sad to say I don't remember doing it at all, maybe once if that.  So I guess my desire to write now may stem from some deep-seated guilt but that's for a professional to ferret out, eh? 
But honestly, I do like writing notes now.   There are so many pretty papers, cute note cards, elaborate stationary and simple cardstock.  It doesn't have to be an epistle, just a few lines are all that's necessary.  Besides, if the gift was sent via some service, it's important for the other person to know you received it.  Things get lost in the mail all the time and the sooner the sender knows they sooner they can attempt to trace the item.  Most important of all is it's awfully nice to get something in the mail besides junk or bills. 
So brighten someone's day and drop them a real note!
PS  The above was a stamp on plain note card with Dazzling Details by Stampin' Up on the fronds (did I mention in an earlier post I like sparkly stuff?)
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment