Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mitchell Scrollwriter 50

While digging through my stash of nibs and things I found this nib in a small ziplock bag.  I probably ordered it a year or so ago if my vague memory serves.  A pretty neat effect I think and will experiment with it some more.   The tines are very tiny and if you can see well enough in the second picture, they spread like the standard nibs.  I really like how thin the individual lines are on paper.  These examples are done with McCaffrey's ink in black.  I like the consistency of this ink but it is a bit grayer than I'd prefer.  I haven't found a black in I really like.  Many are too black for my taste and I just can't seem to find the happy medium.  Any suggestions besides Higgins Eternal, a sumi that I can't read the bottle, or Moon Palace (I think that was the one)?

No comments:

Post a Comment