Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Gadget day

When I attended the IAMPETH in Orlando back in 2010 John Neal had some of the Logan lightpads for sale.  I admit I was initially smitten with the very low profile and thought it would be a nice, future addition to my tools.  The price for these is pretty steep, well over $100, IMO.   So I didn't get one while there.   Some of the other calligraphers mentioned the Art-O-Graph lightpads so I began to compare the two.  After all, when you're spending that kind of money in this economy, impulse buying isn't a great idea. 
I finally settled on the Art-O-Graph for one main reason--the electric connector was located on the side and not underneath like the Logans.   If you prefer to write flat, having a plug in port on the side is a big bonus.  The Art-O-Graphs are well made, they feel pretty hefty and come with a nice velvet-like sleeve.

I liked it so much I purchased the smaller 6 X 9 for travel.  If tucks away nicely in my calligraphy suitcase (see earlier post here).   One piece of advice.   Look for these on eBay.  I purchased my larger lightpad at a local art supply store and paid handsomely for it.  The smaller one was around $100 in the same store but on eBay it was around $60---DEAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment