Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Calligraphy suitcase

I've mentioned this in a previous post so thought I'd explain what it is.  Basically it's an old cosmetic case--probably a man's since it came with a suit brush and shoe polishing cloth.   Fake alligator exterior, really disgusting taffeta interior.  I ripped out the guts, cleaned and painted, then decoupaged (remember that from the 70s and wooden purses?) the exterior.  I put some thin cork inside, decorative contact paper, and cork squares on the lid section for push pins.  On the outside I also added a 'chalkboard' on the top just because.  It's the perfect size for my small lightpad, some practice pads and sheets, corner punches, a light, ruler, nibs, colored pencils, nib holders and other things I like to have with me.   The only drawback is the way it's carried, which doesn't lend itself to liquid items.  Soooooo...I'm working on another cosmetic case that is a vintage woman's.  Both have keys which will keep things from accidentally flying out.  Will post pics of the second when I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment