Sunday, April 1, 2012

Oh boy...

It's a truism these days...envies that come with cards should be tossed.  Unfortunately, if you don't have an envie to fit the card you have to keep it.  And this is the result.   A really sucky address. 


The ink didn't feather as bad as some I've used but the nib kept dragging fibers from the paper as it moved across.   For whatever reason I couldn't get my favorite nib to work so had to try a couple of others until the ink started to at least flow.  Why is that???!!!!   This was an Esterbrook 453.  I don't have many of those and it was the third different nib I tried.  And have I mentioned how much I don't like sumi ink?   It stinks in more ways than one.
I'd have taken more time with this envie but with everything going on here the man and I completely forgot his aunt's b-day was today.  So we've got to get this in the mail first thing and a thousand pardons for being so forgetful.  
One good thing---I was able to use some of the gorgeous stamps a friend so kindly sent me.   She made a very valid point last week.   When you spend time addressing and envelope, stamps should be part of the equation.   I have thought of them as utilitarian and let's face it, the forever stamps aren't that attractive and if the PO has to put a sticker on your envie it's worse.   So buy some pretty stamps and really make a statement!!!
Tomorrow...Easter cards!

No comments:

Post a Comment