Friday, March 30, 2012

OK...so I got this project see...

A dear friend and fellow dog lover asked me to do something for a relative's 50th wedding anniversary.  So after cogitating and talking with her, we came up with a plan.  I found this quote on a website for anniversaries and thought it was lovely--not too sappy, not favoring one party over the other, but really spoke of what a marriage is--a partnership that gives something to both the man and woman.  I decided to use hot press watercolor paper and that wonderful Finetec gold I love so much for the lettering.  
I did a trial run using the dimensions she wished it kept to (4.5 x 6.5) and decided on spacing. 
Here's my layout done in the lightest pencil I could muster.


Then, still using the lightbox I went over my penciled writing with the gold.   I think I'll stop for the night and just let this one sit.  I won't get to work on it tomorrow as I'm going to do my master gardenering at Epcot all day (yay!!) but it's good to let things rest if you can I think.   Helps to see things you don't like and make any changes.   My plan right now is to fill the edges with the tiniest quilled flowers I can make.  I'll need to do the flowers and lightly brush some Mod Podge over to give them stability.   So far, so good I think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment