Friday, March 2, 2012

This could be interesting

Here's an interesting opportunity for me.   An acquaintance knows some people that  make rubber stamps.   The owner wants me to submit some of my work to see if they can do some custom stamps.  The only problem I see is the hairlines.  What makes pointed pen work IMO so pretty are the contrasts between the thick and thin elements.  It's not only something that we really practice hard to get just right but it's a bit of a competition for bragging rights as to who has the best.
I don't think that's going to translate well for stamps as they'll need to be somewhat thick to do.   I'll try to work up some words with medium thick 'hairlines' and thicker shades.   I've never done anything like this so we'll see how it goes.   Wouldn't it be a hoot if they took some of my work and made stamps thought?   Do I ever have some ideas for some flourished stamps too.   Rock 'n roll!

I finished my quilled cross too.  Decided to turn it in to a pendant (where am I going to find a chain to fit?).   I have some 1/16th white paper so I may make some tiny earrings to match.  Just in time for Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment