Saturday, March 3, 2012

Working on St. Paddy's day cards and practicing

I realize that when writing something out it won't be perfect.  Even when doing the same letters within a word there will be some variation.  Like double l's, double r's, and so on.  Perhaps it's because I'm so used to typing now and every letter is identical that I set a high bar and if there's the least variation I'm not happy.   I often wonder how other calligraphers feel about this.  How do they handle those slight variations with handwritten text?  

What made me think on this is the project I'm working on now for possible stamps.   I'm using McCaffrey's black ink too, which is really more of a gray, on white Canson.  I love the hairlines I get with it, just wish I could find an ink that gave good blacks and nice hairlines.  

So today, I'll keep writing until I get a few that good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment