Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Update on the Versatip

In a previous post, I mentioned a new Dremel tool that I felt would be good to have as it has some useful attachments and it's cordless.   Alas...it's not meant to be.  This tool will only be available overseas.  Weird huh?   I contacted Dremel for more info and was told that the butane was the issue.  I guess people can walk around with butane lighters all day long but butane for a craft tool?   Government can't trust us with that!.  I'm not sure what they cost in the UK but they not only have their prices but also the value added tax which adds 20% to a commodity.  That will probably make it too expensive to order, especially once shipping is factored in. 
Sad huh?   Looked like a cool thing to have in our kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment