Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dremel...

More issues.  I'll be glad when everything's ironed out and I can feel comfortable about writing on glass.   After reading the manuals and little pieced of paper companies stick inside tools--with all their warnings about this and that--I actually am scared to touch the darn thing.   Pieces flying off, keep hair pulled back, and no one mentioned the darn thing needs to dangle vertically for there to be no danger of the pieces coming unscrewed and flying off!!!    On the inside of the flex shaft packaging they have a tool holder that clamps on to the side of a table, reminds me of those things for IV bags.

There's a teensy problem though...you can't find them in the US anymore.  Or really anywhere else.   Found that bit of info out after finally calling Dremel when searches wouldn't turn up anything.   It didn't sell well so they discontinued it.  I can understand that, especially in this economy.   There are some cheaper after market ones to be found on eBay and Amazon but some of the reviews weren't good.   Dremel told me to search again in the UK and I might have luck with someone who will ship one here.   I did eventually find a source and my payment info went through.  I'm not hopeful for some reason.  I fully expect an email tomorrow saying they don't ship to the US.  :*(   
If I have to get one of the cheap ones I will but with all the other issues and safety concerns with this thing, I don't want the tool holding my tool to be flimsy!!!
To continue....

No comments:

Post a Comment