Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Time to think about St. Paddy's day cards

Now that Valentine's Day is behind me, the next big holiday is St. Patrick's Day.   I've been thinking of ways to combine quilling and calligraphy on some cards and have a few ideas.  I worked on one briefly today.  Didn't have much time to do a whole lot and I'm almost out of green paper anyway. 

For my first card I wanted to do a simple pot o' gold with some interesting glitter I found at Michaels. 
Gold lettering on a light green card with a simple black pot.   The second card I did a darker green background but the gold still doesn't show up as much as I'd like.  

The gold is the Finetec watercolors carried by both Paper and Ink Arts and John Neal Books.

I like the look but feel too much of the exploding gold glitter stuck to the glue pen streaks.  Makes it clumpier than I'd like but wouldn't it be nice to have that much gold????  

Another idea for a card has tiny shamrocks coming out of the pot interspersed with dots of gold.   Got to order more paper first.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment