Monday, February 20, 2012

Trial run

After taking the weekend off to run errands and paint some in the house, things got back to normal today.  I had the opportunity to start work on the paint/calligraphy/quilling project and here's the progress thus far:

This was the first attempt with the Pebo.  There are some blobs but the good thing about Pebeo is you can remove the resist prior to painting so it doesn't ruin your piece.  I did do a watercolor wash with the cheap paints seen in the pic.  They were just too light and once the resist was rubbed off it was difficult to see the saying.  Round two...


After the resist is rubbed off

and with some flowers placed across the piece.   I want to make some more flowers, different kinds before I start affixing any flowers to the paper.  I couldn't stand it though and had to see how what I've done so far looked. 

And lastly, a close up of how the writing after the Pebeo has been removed.   I kinda messed up the 'F' but this is a trial so I'm not going to get wound up over that starting loop. 

***Thank you Jennifer for the search suggestions.  I've got a couple of places bookmarked.  If this works out well I'll need plenty of sayings.   I have a few gardening friends that I'd like to make presents for this year.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment