Friday, February 17, 2012

A prototype

I have this grand idea for a painting/quilling/calligraphy piece that's been bouncing around in my mind for a week now at least.   I haven't ordered the quilling paper for it yet because I'm not altogether sure how it will work out.  The plan now is to do a smaller piece to start with and see how it comes together. 
For that I need a short, simple saying that has something to do with flowers.  I know there are probably some websites out there that have those sorts of things but how do you search?  
Anyhoo, I'll get started on this next week and will post pics of the process.  Until then, I'll keep making some small quilled flowers and leaves so I'll have plenty to put on the piece once the paint is dry. 

2 comments:

  1. Google "Flower sayings" or "Flower quotes". You'll get a listing of sites that should have just what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jennifer! gardendigest.com has some really good ones and they're catetorized which is helpful. Made me think though...why not make up my own? I mean...we're creative people...we should be able to think of something eh?

    ReplyDelete