Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Flex Shaft Tool Holder

What a nightmare.   I'm dying to get started with my Dremel but I can't.  It would seem that if you use the Flex Shaft, the Dremel must be hanging in a vertical position.   There was one of those little square, yellow pieces of paper in the package that said so.   Problem:  you can't buy the Flex Shaft Tool Holder in the US anymore...at all.   I've called Lowe's, Home Depot, Ace.  I've searched online.  Called Dremel finally and was told they discontinued the item.  So even though the packaging has an information panel inside the package for this item, you can't get it. 
I can understand companies have to discontinue items all the time that don't sell well enough to justify the resources.   But dammit...have something else that can replace it!!!!   The better mousetrap so to speak.  Or something.  Dremel lady was sweet and politely informed me that 'most people just hang theirs from a nail at their workbench'.   Well that's dandy if I had a workbench.  But what if I get decent at this and want to travel with my tools and do engraving somewhere else?   She suggested I check across the pond, which is what I did and found a company that will ship to the US. Believe it or not, many companies I found would not.   It'll still take about two weeks for it to arrive so I must wait.  GRRRRRRRRRR  

In the meantime, I'll practice and play with the Dremel on other tasks to get the feel of it.  Bummer eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment