Thursday, February 16, 2012

My first hand-fringed flowers



I'm not sure yet how I will add this to a calligraphed piece but I feel comfortable with how this first attempt at a fringed flower turned out.   As info, I didn't use any official quilling paper for the petals.  I bought a pack of colored paper in primary colors from Walmart and cut some strips to 3/8s of an inch.  It worked out well I think and is a perfect, inexpensive way to practice.  I can use what's left for other projects so that's a win-win IMO. 
I'll cut some strips for shamrocks tomorrow just so I have enough for the time being.  A crappy economy forces you to think differently about things at times.  Besides, what did quillers do prior to the mass manufacture of quilling papers?  Kickin' it old school...that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment