Friday, February 17, 2012

Inspiration

I've received a few letters from some calligraphy friends and take a lot of inspiration from their styles.   I needed to get something in the mail to mom and love to introduce little things from their addresses. 
For this envie, I used Dr. Martin's Bleedproof white, a favorite among many calligraphers.  The paper is inexpensive cardstock from Michaels, cut and folded with the Enveloper.   I'm also trying to add additional flourishing too my capitals, bit by bit.   Hopefully as I get more comfortable with moving my pen further from the basic shape I can one day do some really fancy stuff.   I added some little gold streaks and gold dots with Finetec over and around the majascules of mom's name---which bled a bit so have to be careful about that in the future.
It's not a lot of bling but like I said, I prefer to take it slow and see what works.   It's very easy to get carried away then you'll have an unreadable mess.   And you don't want your beautiful envies to get in the dead letter bin!

No comments:

Post a Comment