Monday, December 26, 2011

Post-Christmas practice

OK...New Year's resolution:  I'm going to focus like a laser on the things that bug me the most in my writing--starting with the numbers 0 and 9.   Just to get an idea of where my starting point is, here is an example of both from this year's envies. 


Only thing halfway right about this is the angle.  There should be a smooth hairline at the top and bottom with an even swell in the middle on both sides.  And what is that break at the bottom?   Pathetic.
Again, the angle...henh.  But there should be hairlines at the tip and bottom with a little swell and a balancing swell on the right. 



   No where near what they should be.   It'll be tomorrow late before I can sit down to practice but I'll start with the zero and post pics tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment