Monday, December 26, 2011

Number 9





A little practice tonight with the number '9'.  I think I see where some of my problems may lie.  I put an X over the one I like best of this cut.  I can't make a 9 the way I normally would.  I have to make the right side first, then join the loop.  Didn't worry about the little ball thing at this time.  I can add that later.  I want to get the basic '9' nailed. 
I start with a small hairline arch at the top and establish the long curving stroke--watching the slant at the same time.  Then I go back in to the hairline at the top and sweep around, trying to maintain an oval, and attach just above the top of the 'x' height line.  I did try a few zeros, but it's probably best if I just concentrate on one number at a time.
I've noticed with other letters and numbers that sometimes it helps to deviate from the way I normally would make them.  Maybe it tricks my brain and hand in to doing better by not falling back on the old way which doesn't work with pointed pen writing?

No comments:

Post a Comment