Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Organizing nibs

I suppose it becomes necessary after a while to figure out some way to organize the nib collection.  Since I don't like things that only have one purpose I decided that my organization should be small enough for easy storage and portable.  It's a nightmare being without them right?  
So, depending on how many you have and wish to store, you have a couple of options.   Take a look at the storage containers for jewelry, beads, or even needlepoint/crewel threads.  These are generally flat containers with many small compartments.  Perfect for nibs.  
I opted for some of the smaller containers found in the beading department of my local craft store.   After taking an inventory of what I had, I used a large index card with a crudely drawn mockup of the compartments to list each nib.   Apply a bit of two-way glue to the lid and allow to dry.  This will enable me to remove the paper later if I need to make changes.   (when two-way glue dries before another surface is applied, it acts like the sticky on post-it notes) 
So that's my solution, hope it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment