Friday, July 27, 2012

MORE fun with quilling

Is it possible?   Yeppers.   Yesterday I really got in to stencilling with quilling.   I love to bring other things to the party and see what happens, and this is one thing I did. 

I wanted the stencil (done with Pebbles cream chalk) to be the main feature so I used a pastel parchment quilling paper in a light green.   Just a touch of quilling.   Five tight circles under the pearls for the center and left it at that.   It's often difficult for me and others I know to stop at the right moment.   Less is more and all that.  I wanted this to look delicate and think I achieved that. 
I have another hibiscus-themed tag but it's still very much a work in progress so that's for later.  
On the advice of a very good friend, I decided to do two things this weekend.   First, I really need to take stock of all the tags I've done so far, print pictures and put them in an album.   Then, I need to document how each was made so I won't have to reinvent the wheel if someone wants a particular design.   I also need to seriously think ahead to the fall and winter holiday season.  It's 100 degrees and 99% humidity so it's hard to think of Christmas but we all know how fast it sneaks up on us.  
This is all going to make for a very busy weekend.   I guess I can mix some housework in there somewhere.....
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment