Saturday, April 14, 2012

The second Cosmetic-to-calligraphy case

I don't know about you all but flying isn't fun for me anymore.   The stress of packing, worrying about something being left in a side pocket or under something which will get confiscated is just nerve-wracking.    I've had this question bouncing around about my pointed pen tools.   They're metal and, well, pointed.   Would they make it through security?   What about my tiny needle nose pliers used to adjust the flange?  What about my battery tools for setting hot fix crystals?   Anyone who's ever taken a self defense class learns that most anything can be a weapon.   And given TSA agents have enormous lattitude at the gate and can use their judgement despite what the official TSA website says is just another fly in the ointment so to speak.  

Did I mention I hate checking bags too?   Looks like the only workaround though so yesterday I started working on the second old cosmetic case, turning it in to a calligraphy tool transporter.   Remember the first one I did here opened length wise and wouldn't be good should I need to transport liquids.   A case made for women's toiletries and makeup has a deep body and shallow lid.   Some even come with straps to hold jars or bottles.   Perfect!  


I'm going with a lime green for this one, should make it easy to spot.  Decoupage as the first with all sorts of stamps and arty things culled from letters sent by friends. I should finish by Sunday and be ready to load it up with all those things I would be hesitant to take as a carry on.    The strappy thing inside isn't very good but at some point, I'll figure out a way to secure ink bottles and such.   Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment