Friday, April 6, 2012

In progress

I've spent the last couple of days working on corner motifs with the skinniest quilling paper I've ever seen.  I decided to go with a pearl paper as I thought the colors would be softer than regular quilling paper.  It is softer color-wise but difficult to work with if you aren't very dexterous.  Needless to say I've struggled a bit.   However, I like the way the basic pieces are coming out.   I'm treating this like I do pen flourishing.   Get the basic lines down, then add to those with gradually decreasing lines.   I'll begin assembling these tomorrow after I cut the paper and put my stamp on the back.   Better to begin the final stages when you're fresh as a daisy no?    And speaking of daisies...or black-eyed Susans as the case may be....stay tuned for the next post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment