Saturday, April 7, 2012

Black-eyed Susans...

I found a couple of pieces of brown paper and thought I'd try some quilling that involves rounding the center of the flower.   It's a neat trick and gives the flower more dimension.   I had already fringed some yellow paper so it was a simple matter of trimming one end, glueing the brown to the yellow and curling.   After curling, instead of slathering glue on to the center, I took the rounded end of the quilling tool and gently pressed against the brown center from the underside.  Turning slightly and applying pressure to the underside makes the center bulge on the topside.   This isn't something that can be done hastily as it would probably be easy to pop the center out then you'd have a mess.   It's a cute idea and a technique I'd like to explore with other shapes and creations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment