Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A good website

While doing some searching the other day, I don't remember what now, I found this website and wanted to share.  http://www.calligraphy-skills.com/index.html   
It's especially upbeat and I enjoyed the link on Celtic Knotwork on the left-hand column.   This is something I've always found fascinating for some reason.  Is it the eternal nature of the 'ribbons'?  The intricate designs?   The playful way plants and animals are incorporated throughout many motifs?   I can't answer that.  Perhaps it's all of the above.  
We attended a Highland Festival just this past weekend and there were tons of knotworks to be seen on everything from jewelry and eating utensils to paintings and gift cards.  
I may try to create my own at some point using some of the suggestions and perhaps a book or two from her links.  
Hope you like this site as much as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment