Monday, January 16, 2012

The weekend off

So I didn't do beans this weekend. After getting my first weaving lesson Saturday and spending Sunday at the highland games, there wasn't much time for pointed pen practice. However, I was thinking about pointed pen and something I want to try again. Pebeo.  If you haven't tried Pebeo yet, consider it.  Paper and Ink Arts has it and it's the only masking fluid I've ever used that works with pointed pen.  Here's an example of a test page I did. 


I hadn't removed the Pebeo from the dot over the 'i' and the bottom of the exclamation point so you can see it looks gray.    This was on a large scrap of hot press paper.  I used a large guide sheet over a lightpad mostly to make sure the angles were correct.  I didn't use the normal x, ascender, and descender lines and probably doubled what was there.  Write with Pebeo as an ink, let it dry, paint over the lettering, and rub off the Pebeo.   It really is that easy. 
Maybe in the next week I'll begin work on that project I've been imagining over the last few days....

No comments:

Post a Comment