Tuesday, April 10, 2012

One more thing..

An idea came to me while I was working in my 'craft' room (yes, I can get back in there to actually work) on Friday.  There's a saying I really like for some reason and I got the idea to once again combine watercolor, Pebeo, and quilling.   Took me three times to get the right shade of blue.  A word of caution, if you are using Pebeo and pointed pen, go much darker than you normally would so the writing shows up.  If you use really light washes of color and remove the resist, you can barely see what you've written.

First wash over the writing, wasn't happy with the green forest foreground so I went back over with a smaller round brush and added some depth.  
Last steps were installing the quilled pieces, and some tiny birds in the upper right...ta daaaaaaaaaaa!


So after taking these pics and working on this post, I decided the sun pic needed something else.   More green and a gold crystal on the sun.  That will fix it!    This, I like. 
A final note.  The difference in colors is due to the different settings on my camera.  I've been playing with some of the features to see which gives the clearest and truest to life colors.  So far it's between the museum and food setting.  One I can understand, the other...go figure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment