Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I'm a dolt

It's almost a neurosis of mine that I have to get a picture of envies I do before I send them and today I forgot.  GRRRR   Eh....that's what happens when you get in a hurry.   However, this was especially egregious because it was the first time I used my Bill Lilly holder.    As expected, it felt comfortable and I didn't do half bad.   Just wish I had a record of my first attempt. 
I will say this: just like using a new nib, different paper, trying an ink, everything requires some adjustment.  I'm sure as I use it more I'll get my little pliers out and noodle with the angle of the flange.   It will be fun to see how the slimmer curve where my fingers go affects my writing.  Good times ahead!
Oh...and the picture above?  That's what the beautiful Stone Mountain in Georgia looked like early one morning last fall.  I was up there for a workshop with Heather Held. 

No comments:

Post a Comment