Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Tree earrings

Before I pack up things for the year, I wanted to quickly post this because I will be putting these with the other Christmas 'jewelry' I have.   I had an idea to do tiny flourished earrings using extra small glass ornaments.  I did the tree as I normally would but much smaller and to fit within a 1" circle.   Centering the circle over the design, punch as usual.  Now the tricky part.  I had to be fast on this because I didn't want the paper to stay curled.  Curl the paper around a smaller object like a skewer and quickly insert in to glass ornament.  I then used sharply pointed tweezers and then toothpicks to move the paper around until position correctly.   A dab of glitter glue on the end of a toothpick and placed at the bottom of the sphere helped to hold the paper in place.  After setting, I added earring wires to the ornament wire and re-attached the ornament top.  The black paper doesn't show the tree as well as I'd like so the next one I make, probably next year, I'll use lighter paper.  It was a fun experiment and I have some larger glass ornaments I plan to use for something similar--maybe personalize with someone's name, add another flourish, who knows? 




No comments:

Post a Comment