Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The obligatory first post

     Hard to say why I started a blog now. Another way of chronicling what I do and a different way to critique myself.   As I was finishing my Christmas cards last week, I remembered the first Christmas I tried to address envelopes.  Buried in boxes of decorations I found some from 2009.  I had taken my first classes in copperplate engrossing and felt pretty darn good about myself.  So as I sat down last year to do envelopes, I compared the two and was a little embarrassed at how good I thought I was.   Bleck.   On the bright side, there was improvement.  I'd like to think there is even more improvement in this year's envies.  It's always a good idea to save pieces and date them.  They provide a time capsule of sorts, can help show progress or regress, and can give a much needed lift.

I still hate some of my numbers, my "R"s look weird sometimes but I think I'm starting to figure out what I like and don't like (that little ball thing on majascules drives me bonkers). 

Oh yeah....see that nifty little inky blurb at the bottom of the 'h' of the 2011 pic?  Hate it when that happens.   I'm sure Edie isn't going to flog me for that!  :)   Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment